As you continue in your pursuit of your fullest and truest self, whether that be in moving toward goals, exploring your voice, strengthening a growth area or honing a personal talent/strength, you will experience ups and downs. Life is dynamic. Life can surprise you. Life will also help you learn how to become better at being who you are.
So through the ups and downs of the journey, just remember:
1. The route is not defined by the vision. Knowing the destination is often crucial, but the twists, turns, pit stops and open road that makes up the journey is where all the good stuff happens. So stay curious along the way. Stay eager to learn and innovate as you go. Don’t shy away from or be ashamed to redouble your efforts when needed. Be sure to honor the lessons you encounter between the starting line and the finish.🏁
2. Flexibility is key. The goal is clear? ✔️ Locked on target? ✔️ Next step? Discovery. You’ve heard the saying? “Man makes plans and God laughs”? Not sure about you, but to me it speaks volumes. Volumes about the unpredictability of the journey. The “How” is beyond our control. The “Who”, on the other hand? No one can do it better. You have been growing and evolving every day of your life. You can do it in your sleep (literally lol). What the journey brings is catalyst for purpose driven growth and evolution. But remember, that‘s an innate talent that shows up even in our most neglectful of moments.
3. Straight line logic leads to rigid interpretation and rigid pursuit of purpose. You are a dynamic being. The journey will continuously reveal that. So, embrace the dynamics of you. Remember to take inventory of your gifts, celebrate your small wins and encourage yourself through the low tides. This level of mindfulness will position you to find creative solutions and shed light on aspects of your desire and your future self that may have been hidden from view years, days, or even minutes before.
4. We can often perceive the nuance of journeys (especially challenging ones) to be signs/threats of cost and loss. Such perception is often grounded in assumption and the desire for certainty or control. In times like these, it is important to remember to ask yourself, “How will this empower me on my journey, if I were to overcome it rather than avoid it?”
5. It is in the unique details of the journey that we discover the process of becoming our future self and learn how to define and identify the destination with increasing accuracy and clarity. As you come closer to the goal, you come closer to realizing the you who you are meant to be when you finally arrive. The you that you desired to be when you set the goal. The you who can look back and say, “I have achieved my objective.“ or “I have honored my intention.”
So, don’t let the failure discourage you. It is a part of the journey and the journey is meant to shape you for your arrival as you navigate the approach.
HOW MIGHT YOU RETHINK MOMENTS OF FAILURE THAT YOU ARE FACING TO REVEAL WAYS YOUR JOURNEY IS ENCOURAGING YOU TO GROW?